IQD NEWS

IQD NEWS INFORMATION AND TALK

MAY YOUR LIFE BE FILLED WITH JOY WHILE WE WAIT

The site is set up for news and a place to keep informed on the IQD. ..... Thanks go out to www.TruthCall.com/chat for their support in this website

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

WORLD

Research!!! Look what you might find

Seck
    Admin
    Admin

Research!!! Look what you might find

Post  Seck on Wed 19 Nov 2014, 17:06

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

Justifications for exchange-rate adjustment: there are a number of important and powerful arguments which support the view that the official exchange rate reduces the real value of foreign currency for purposes of calculating the economic national profitability for investment projects and hence for the purposes of investment planning. It is demonstrated in this context to call for assessing the dinar for less than (3.208) dollar (official exchange rate) when assessing project outputs and inputs of traded goods of exports, substitute imports and imports... etc.

Estimate the amended exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to be used in technical and economical feasibility studies and for (1.134) dollar per dinar. This price should be approved for 3 years until re-appreciation by the competent authorities.

Seck
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Research!!! Look what you might find

Post  Seck on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 17:51

We see all these news reports about banks in Iraq and see Gurus hop on te idea that this is some type of lead up to the RV. The reports that i see really is asking that the laws or restrictions be taking off. This has nothing to do with the RVing of the IQD but its with the loans these banks are able to make to the citizens. Those banks were corrupt at one time and took advantage of dirty dealings.Now they are being held to the standard that the CBI has imposed on them.

The rate of the exchange is something that Iraq decided to do instead of a float. The other was under the law of the CBI was the restriction of no currency speculation

I bet you did not know about that law. The gurus do not about it but i do and have the proof to back it up.

Post  Guest on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 18:23

Seck wrote:We see all these news reports about banks in Iraq and see Gurus hop on te idea that this is some type of lead up to the RV. The reports that i see really is asking that the laws or restrictions be taking off. This has nothing to do with the RVing of the IQD but  its with the loans these banks are able to make to the citizens. Those banks were corrupt at one time and took advantage of dirty dealings.Now they are being held to the standard that the CBI has imposed on them.

The rate of the exchange is something that Iraq decided to do instead of a float. The other was under the law of the CBI was the restriction of no currency speculation

I bet you did not know about that law. The gurus do not about it but i do and have the proof to back it up.

Thank you Seck. I did not know about it either! I think you are correct in the Gurus not knowing about this as well!
    Seck
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Seck on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 19:23

SueR wrote:
    Seck wrote:We see all these news reports about banks in Iraq and see Gurus hop on te idea that this is some type of lead up to the RV. The reports that i see really is asking that the laws or restrictions be taking off. This has nothing to do with the RVing of the IQD but  its with the loans these banks are able to make to the citizens. Those banks were corrupt at one time and took advantage of dirty dealings.Now they are being held to the standard that the CBI has imposed on them.

Thank you Seck. I did not know about it either! I think you are correct in the Gurus not knowing about this as well!

CURRENCY CONVERSION AND TRANSFER POLICIES

The currency of Iraq is the Dinar (ID - sometimes referred to as the New Iraqi Dinar). Iraq's current exchange system is characterized as a free foreign exchange system, with no restrictions on purchases or sales of foreign currencies. The Iraqi currency is fully convertible and can be exchanged freely with any other currency. In addition, there is free movement of capital without restrictions on capital inflows and outflows. Iraq's foreign exchange regime is also a multi-currency system in which foreign currencies circulate in the market and are accessible to everyone.

The exchange rate is generally determined on the basis of supply and demand conditions in the foreign exchange market. Banks may engage in spot transactions in any currency, but are not allowed to engage in forward transactions in Iraqi Dinar for speculative purposes. The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) also can intervene, when necessary, in order to maintain stability in the foreign exchange market. In addition, there are no taxes or subsidies on purchases or sales of foreign exchange.

The Government of Iraq's monetary policy since 2003 has focused on maintaining price stability and a stable exchange rate. In addition, the Central Bank of Iraq conducts daily foreign exchange auctions to limit the impact on base money growth of the sale of the government's oil export earnings.

EXPROPRIATION AND COMPENSATION

Iraqi law affords some protection to foreign investors from expropriation. Article 23 (Second) of the new Constitution prohibits expropriation in Iraq, unless it is "for the purpose of public benefit in return for just compensation." The constitutional provision further stipulates that this standard shall be regulated by law. Although this standard may offer some protection to foreign investments, the provision is fairly skeletal. As a result, whether foreign investors will enjoy protection from expropriation that meets international standards likely will depend on domestic implementing legislation and/or future bilateral treaty obligations with the investor states in this area. The United States does not have a Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) with the GOI at present.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 18:35